Partnership – Bury Teaching Schools Alliance
Apply and Train to Teach with Bury Teaching School Alliance in Partnership with The Elton High School.
The Elton High School are working in partnership with Bury Teaching School Alliance to train outstanding secondary teachers in Bury. We are delighted that you are considering training to teach with us.
What Are BTSA Looking For?
We are looking for inspiring, knowledgeable and ambitious trainees who are passionate and enthusiastic about teaching to make a real difference to young peoples’ lives and futures. If this is you, and you have the following attributes, we want to hear from you!
- The confidence and ability to engage with children
- Commitment to excellence in education
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A commitment to working hard
- An ability to establish good working relationships
- Commitment to a professional team
- Flexibility – a crucial characteristic that is vital in this active and constantly changing climate
Why Choose BTSA?
- We offer placements in local Bury schools including (insert name of school) where youmake the difference to local children
- All of our Bury schools offer experienced mentors who are ready to support youand welcome you as a member of staff from the outset
- We provide you, in addition to what is offered by MMU, an extensive CPD programme delivered by Local, National and Specialist Leaders of Education
- Our team are dedicated to providing the best training from the very start of yourteaching journey and will support you throughout the programme
- We support younot to just train, but to enter the teaching profession as an NQT, equipped with the relevant skills to begin your successful teaching career – 100% of our 2016 – 2017 Primary and Secondary School Direct trainees secured employment for September 2018
What Have Previous Trainees Said About Training with BTSA?
- BTSA team have been extremely approachable, helpful and informative.
- The training sessions were brilliant and the alliance is supportive
- The BTSA team were always available for support when asked.
- Training sessions were excellent; communication was fantastic, team highly supportive
- Super CPD sessions, very informative and structured and have been so useful.
- A great experience and excellent preparation for next year!
- I’m proud to have trained with BTSA and hope to work with you again in the future
- Nothing was too much trouble for the BTSA team – excellent!
- I would highly recommend BTSA for teacher training as the rate and breadth of my development on this course was supported strongly by all staff I have been able to work with.
- The BTSA are incredible and I’m so proud to be part of it. Wonderful support.
- Outstanding – the one word that I can use to truly capture my experience with BTSA.
- The CPD offered was always interesting, relevant and practical. In addition to theory, BTSA provided hands-on tips and advice that could be easily transferred into the school setting.
What Do You Need To Apply?
If you have what we are looking for, and we sound like the right people to nurture and release your potential, then we would welcome your application to train to teach with us.
If you are unsure about whether you meet the below entry criteria please contact Jo Seddon by email: BTSA@bury.gov.uk
All applicants must have a degree. For those applying for Secondary, the degree modules must be at least 50% relevant. You may still apply if you do not fulfil this criteria, however you may be required to complete a Subject Knowledge Enhancement course and we will advise you of this. If we require you to complete an SKE then this would need to be completed before enrolling to train to teach with us.
A 2:1 is preferred but a 2:2 would be considered if an applicant has sufficient school experience.
A GCSE grade C/4 or above in English Language and Mathematics is required (applicants can apply while these are pending). Alternatively, we do offer MMU equivalency tests in English Language and Mathematics.
If your degree is outside of the UK, you will require IELTS (IELTS 7.0 with no less than 6.0 in any element).
Whilst beneficial, gaining school experience is no longer a condition of entry to the School Direct course. Central government has recently issued updated guidelines on selection criteria for Initial Teacher Training programmes. In light of this guidance, applicants are no longer required to have any school experience in order to be eligible to apply.
If however, you still wish to gain school experience, as preparation for your chosen profession and training, we can help you to arrange this.
All applicants must also take and pass the English and Maths skills tests prior to commencing the programme.
How to Apply:
Applications to begin training with us in September 2019 can be made on UCAS from October 2018
We are excited to be able to offer a number of new courses for September 2019 including placements within a special school context for those who wish to work in special education. For details of courses we will be offering in September 2019 and the UCAS codes you will require please visit http://burytsa.co.uk.
Bursaries and Loans:
Details about Bursaries and Loans can be found on the Department for Education’s website.
For Further Information Visit: