The School will enrich the educational experiences of our students, raise standards of attainment, serve the needs of our community and make a unique contribution to diversity in educational provision within the College and the Metropolitan Borough of Bury.
This development of the school will:
- have an on-going transformational effect on teaching and learning.
- increase student motivation, self-esteem and improve further standards of attainment and the preparation of students for adult life.
- build further effective bonds with the community.
- utilise broad contributions to the process of education from members of the business and wider community.
and produce learners who are:
- achievers, creative, innovative, determined, able to self-manage and manage decision making and who are effective employees and team members, demonstrating drive, initiative and capability in core curriculum areas which are of significance for employability and adult life.
The School will be characterised by a strong focus on learning, teaching, student performance and challenge and success for all students. Professional practice serving this priority will be characterised by innovation, lateral thought, creativity, enterprise, a ‘can do’ determination and drive that ‘makes ideas happen’ with the learner at the centre.
Teaching, Learning, Achievement and Standards of Attainment
These will evidence:
- high expectations.
- minimum acceptability of good and outstanding quality in teaching, as defined in OFSTED level descriptors.
- focus on student learning and raising the levels of student attainment.
- use of creative and wider learning environments.
- effective reward strategies providing praise and celebration of success in achievement and attainment
The Curriculum and Organisation
The Curriculum and organisational delivery will:
- be relevant, broad, balanced, differentiated and inclusive, providing an equal opportunity for all students.
- provide an outstanding programme of subject enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
- promote Student Leadership.
The School will be inclusive, committed to:
- equality of opportunity and removal of barriers to participation, achievement and attainment.
- secure routines for identification and assessment of and provision for Special Educational Needs.
- consistent routines for the management of attendance and behaviour for learning.
The School will have strong and structured links to the community through:
- curriculum delivery and development in, through and with the community, including work that recognises the local, national and global communities.
- Extended Services offered to the adult community in the Metropolitan Borough of Bury and beyond, including sports and wider facilities use and specific provision in the Visual Arts.
Parents and Carers
Parents and carers are valued and viewed as full partners in the learning process, actively engaged through:
- systematic consultation in relation to the work of the School.
- provision of the fullest information, relevant to need.
- specific focus on and provision of innovative engagement activity to facilitate support for student achievement and attainment.
- support for ‘hard to reach parents and carers’.
- opportunities to be involved in the work of the School, both during and out of session time.
- positive staff work to achieve and maintain good home-School relations.
School Climate and Discipline
The School will offer:
- a safe, orderly environment conducive to learning, based on good relationships and a clear, shared framework of values and self-discipline.
- a quality, stimulating environment, where time is configured to reflect the purposes of the School and the learning, pastoral and social needs of the students.
- an ethos of collaborative work, including students.
- structures and systems, including significant use of rewards, to raise student self-esteem and develop a sense of responsibility, engagement, ownership as a member of the School community.